Why Food Safety Training and HACCP Training??
Food Safety Training is essential to raising awareness about food borne diseases and how deadly pathogen spreads. In other words food safety training reduces the risk of an impending food poisoning and risk to public health.
Food establishments are responsible for keeping and handling food safe for their customers and food handler safety is of paramount importance to food businesses of any size which handle food or any business which is a part of wider food chain.
Food handler safety does not only affect the sales and continued patronage of an establishment, but also public safety. Moreover, most businesses indicate they would be more likely to hire food safety trained handlers and willing to pay higher wages to those trained.
- Food safety and sanitation are integral to operating a successful food service. The safety of our food supply is a responsibility shared by producers, sellers, managers and handlers.( That means everyone in the food chain.)
- Food safety training does not only affect the sales, staff morale, continued patronage of your establishment, but also public safety (most important).
- Businesses are more likely to hire food safety trained handlers and are willing to pay higher wages to those trained.
- With many retailers requiring food safety certification, you will increase your ability to gain entry into wholesale and retail markets.
- Being proactive and having a food safety plan in place along with proper documentation is recognized as a wise business practice.
- Having developed and adhering to a food safety plan will ensure to demonstrate to your local EHO that you are in compliance with the legislation and due diligence is ensured.
- Having a good food safety management system can ensure higher staff morale thus decreasing the staff turnover.
Maintaining Food Safety While Cutting Food Waste
June 26, 2021